- Kitchen Rules: 23 Tips for Sane Eating
- Sacrifice All the Things: The Losers Guide to Winning Lent
- Mother Knows Best: 6 Timeless Lessons for Lent
- Good to Eat: How I Said “Goodbye” to Anorexia and “Hello” to Food
- Like Life to Man: The Glory of WIne
- On Seasons and Suffering
- Sometimes You Just Need to Eat the Cheesecake…and Other Important Truths About Food
5 thoughts on “Food and the Spiritual Life”
I loved reading this, your writing is beautiful and fills my heart with peace.
Im so happy the Holy Spirit guided me to you! I saw you speak on the Theology of the Body on EWTN, in an old YouTube video. I was thus inspired to buy your book The Catholic Table, and loved every page! Now, I cannot wait to read all your blog posts, and your Beautiful Bones book. Your voice is much needed today! I quit my Weight Watchers subscription and now I am on the journey of looking at food sacramentally, as you so eloquently put. I know this will be a long road, but I will continually seek your wisdom and inspiration! Keep up the amazing work!
I am 79 years old and have an eating disorder/overeating/bingeing. Your book gives me the hope of peace of mind in the Lord in the Eucharist. This is the very first time is have written on a blog. Is this a blog?
Can you tell me if there are any Catholic treatment centres for anorexia?
There are none that I know of, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any. I’ll ask around and if I find out anything, post it here.